To download home learning during Covid-19 please click on the News Tab https://www.woodendfirst.ealing.sch.uk/news/
We believe that children learn best when parents and carers, the school and children work together in partnership to consolidate and reinforce their school learning. This includes their skills and understanding in Maths, English and other areas of the curriculum and helps raise the level of their achievement.
Home learning will be:
- Differentiated (set at the appropriate level).
- Should be completed by the child to the best of their ability.
- A mixture of recorded and practical activities including games, discussion and research.
- In years 1 and 2: given to children every Friday and returned to school by the following Tuesday.
- Year 1 and 2 – one piece of Maths, one piece of English or topic work and spellings.
- In addition, children should read at home every day with an adult – this can be a book from school, library or home. This should be recorded in their Reading Record Book.
Ways in which parents and carers can support children’s learning at home:
- Establish a home learning routine.
- Provide a quiet learning environment.
- Go through the home learning before starting and discuss the completed work when finished.
- Give help and encouragement.
- Visit museums, libraries and other places of educational interest.
- If you have access to the Internet, there are many websites that can help children explore the subjects they are learning at school, as well as the learning platform- Purple Mash.
- Above all get involved- talk to them about their learning and listen to what they tell you.